View Magazine above on e-reader, Download Entire Quarterly Magazine as PDF here, or see each page as a JPG below.
Structure Home - Quarter 2 | 2014
- This is a quarterly publication thoughtfully assembled by Structure Home. Structure Home was established in 1996 and headquartered in Warner Center, Structure Home builds and remodels fine custom homes throughout the Los Angeles basin.
Table of Contents
- This custom home builder quarterly newsletter features articles about: Change is Good, Is The Formal Living Room a Thing of the Past?, Creating a Cozy Breakfast Nook, Highlighted Project: Traditional Coastal Colonial Custom Home, Recently Completed Projects in Los Angeles, and Projects Currently Under Construction including two LEED custom homes in Brentwood, CA.
Recently Completed Projects (page 3)
- Photographs and a brief description of a few of our recently completed custom homes in the Los Angeles area including: Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, Hidden Hills. The homes comprise of Traditional, Contemporary, LEED, and more.
Change is Good, by: Robert Kleiman and Mark Sapiro, Structure Home (page 4 - 5)
- The selection of design consultants and a custom home builder are important decisions. Although the process customarily begins with an architect…drawing plans, then bidding the plans to various contractors…we believe a different approach can yield significant benefits. One alternative is to select the general contractor at the beginning of the process and to assign that organization the responsibility for project management during both plan design as well as the construction phase of the project...
Highlighted Project...Traditional Coastal Colonial Custom Home (page 6 - 9)
- This custom home built by Structure Home is located in Pacific Palisades, CA and is 5,077 square feet...
Is The Formal Living Room a Thing of the Past? by: Karen Putman, P2 Design (page 10 - 11)
- One question that consistently comes up when designing a custom home is, “do we really need a living room?” With housing prices today, and limited buildable square footage per city codes and standards, a family can’t afford not to use every single room in their home. The answer lies in yet another question, “will you use a living room?” There are several schools of thought that are all successful. One is to create a larger...
Special Project Announcement: The Enclave at Century Woods (page 12)
- An Oasis of Mediterranean Elegance in the Heart of Century City. CW Enclave, LLC acquired an undeveloped 70,000 square foot lot at the corner of Century Park West and Solar Way. The Enclave is an upscale community consisting of 10 individually designed Spanish revival villas...
Current Projects “Under Construction” (page 13 - 15)
- Renderings and a list of current custom homes that Structure Home is building in Pacific Palisades, Brentwood, Santa Monica, Cheviot Hills, Beverly Hills, and more. Two of our current projects under construction are LEED Registered custom homes.
Up on the Design Board: Creating a Cozy Breakfast Nook, by: Jill Wolff Interior Design (page 16)
- Wouldn’t every family love to sit around a cozy breakfast nook, like the one pictured on the cover of this month’s newsletter? Well, there are some secrets to creating a comfortable and easy to maintain “booth”. The first thing to think about is the seat height of the bench….remember that 18” is the desired seat height...
Structure Media and News (page 17)
A Special Thank You | Back Cover (page 18)
2014 Quarter 1
2013 Quarter 1 2013 Quarter 2 2013 Quarter 3 2013 Quarter 4