View Magazine above on e-reader, Download Entire Quarterly Magazine as PDF here, or see each page as a JPG below.
Structure Home - Quarter 2 | 2015
- This is a quarterly publication thoughtfully assembled by Structure Home. Structure Home was established in 1996 and is headquartered in Warner Center. Structure Home builds and remodels fine custom homes throughout the Los Angeles basin.
Table of Contents
- This custom home builder quarterly newsletter features: Celebrating the New Home, Recently Completed Projects, Highlighted Project: Traditional Cape Cod Custom Home in Brentwood California, The Architectural Pulse: Color Your Home For Curb Appeal, Current Projects "under construction" in Los Angeles CA (including special project: The Enclave in Century Woods), and Home Maintenance Quarterly Tips
Feature Story: Celebrating the New Home!!! (pages 3 - 4)
- The celebration of the completion and occupancy of a new home is steeped in tradition and ritual from across the world. In this quarterly newsletter, we take a look at some traditional rituals related to moving into and celebrating a new home. While the rituals for different cultures varies as deeply as people and communities do, we discovered some common messages and themes in ritual, symbolism and wishes shared over a new home.
It is said that the concept of a "house warming" party came from the tradition of lighting a fire and warming the...
Recently Completed Projects (page 5)
- Structure Home recently completed a number of custom homes in the Los Angeles Basin. This page features photographs and/or renderings of a Traditional Cape Cod Custom Home in Brentwood, CA, a Traditional Custom Home in Pacific Palisades, CA, a Traditional New England Custom Home in Pacific Palisades, a Traditional Manor Custom Estate in Hidden Hills, CA, a Traditional New England LEED Certified Custom Home in Brentwood, CA and a Traditional Coastal LEED Certified Custom Home in Brentwood, CA.
Highlighted Project: Traditional Cape Cod (page 6 - 10)
- Highlighted Project in Brentwood, CA. Photographs and brief descriptions of this Traditional Cape Cod 5,382 square foot two-story custom home including 1,191 square foot basement on a corner lot in Brentwood, CA. Architecture by: P2 Design and Interior Design by: Jill Wolff Interior Design
The Architectural Pulse: Color Your Home for Curb Appeal (pages 11)
- What is curb appeal? It's everything about the design and maintenance of the home that contribute to how attractive the property looks from the street. It is how your house reflects its original architectural style in that all details have been considered and implemented.
There are many ways to enhance a home's curb appeal, but it starts with the right color. The selection of the front...
Current "Under Construction" Projects (page 12 - 14)
- We have a number of new custom homes "under construction". These pages give a brief description with a rendering of each home. We are building in Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Cheviot Hills and Century City. The new homes vary in style from traditional to Spanish to contemporary
Home Maintenance Quarterly Tips (page 15)
- It is Summer Time! Here are some Home Maintenance upkeep tips! First, locate your home warranty manual that came with your home. The home warranty manual should have the best recommendations for your home's ongoing upkeep maintenance, cleaning instructions and other useful information. If you have an annual home warranty plan, you should review your plan's coverage and reach out to the warranty repair companies. This top
ten list covers: Inspect Garage, Monitor HVAC Lines and Drainage, Clean Garbage Disposal and Appliances, Clean and Prepare your Yard, Clean Dryer Vents, Test and Reset Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) Breakers, Inspect and Recaulk Tub/Shower Areas, Clean Wood Cabinetry, Clean Carpet and Flooring, and Review and Update your Earthquake/Emergency Kit...
Back Cover (page 16)
- A special thank you to our preferred partner: 1st Century Bank. 1st Century Bank is a premium service business bank focused on providing small, community bank relationships with big bank technologies and services. 1st Century Bank provides expertise and creative solutions for your construction project and our professionals will assist you in every step of your project, from budgeting to permanent financing.
2015 Quarter 1 2015 Quarter 2
2014 Quarter 1 2014 Quarter 2 2014 Quarter 3 2014 Quarter 4
2013 Quarter 1 2013 Quarter 2 2013 Quarter 3 2013 Quarter 4